Saturday, January 06, 2007

Blogging again, switching to Mac now...

It may stick this time, I'm more motivated to blog. The Andilinks directory is doing very well and I'm visiting more blogs myself because of the MyBlogLog network. I have always been enthusiastic about journaling and writing but somewhat reticent while blogging. Perhaps I can turn that around.

My current big project is a switch to Macintosh, something I've been longing to do since I began using Windows in 1996. I began using a Mac in 1985 after struggling with DOS... I did get proficient with DOS and dbase but Macintosh was like sweeping a curtain away and seeing the world anew. My first glimpse of cyberspace was through the 9" B&W screen of a Mac SE...

I expect the reconversion to take some time, I won't buy a Mac until Leopard is released and I have just massively upgraded my PC system so I will have absolute redundancy during the switch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andi, may I be the first reader to welcome you in from the dark side. Welcome to the world of Mac!

andi said...

Thank you joshua. I've always been a Mac user in exile, it is a coming home from the dark side.