Sunday, January 07, 2007

About Blogging

In the day since I decided to begin blogging again I have run up against all the reasons that I stopped blogging in the past. Mostly it is the pressure. If I post on a regular basis and develop a following for my random thoughts there will be a lot of pressure to post every day and I don't want the blog to become a ball and chain.

I have been directing my creative energies toward andilinks.com the site and posting to Andilinks the blog will draw off some of that energy. On the other hand if I post mostly about the directory my thoughts will necessarily be more organized and the effect will be positive. That will be a dull blog and certainly won't develop the kind of following that will put any pressure on me.

But I have a lot of opinions about other topics that I need to express, so I will just try to ignore any pressure (or perceived pressure) and just post my ideas when they occur. People who return here for that will just have to accept that I will not post anything at all if I am not moved by some story, posting or site that I've found interesting.

I don't think I want to talk much about my personal life though that may happen from time to time. Mostly my topics will be politics, world events, media, technology, and technology business. I don't want this to be a fashion blog but I probably will occasionally blog about art, pop culture and fashion too.

No comments: