Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Inflation or deflation?

I am going to begin commenting on the post titled Inflation v. Deflation and Part II on the Cassandra Does Tokyo blog via Infectious Greed.

The issues on both sides are relatively easy to understand but what is crucial is the timing so I will try to lay out the arguments as clearly as possible but I will keep those that affect the timing as a separate list. I happen to think that the amount of US debt that China acquires going forward is an important bellwether both for US inflation and for stability in Asia which is why I used that link for the title of this post.

I find this to be the most important of all topics and will be working on this for the next week or so. I also just received my copy of The Next 100 Years: A Forecast for the 21st Century by George Friedman and will be commenting on the provocative topics covered in this book

No comments: