Friday, January 07, 2005

Server Side Includes

I'll be reworking the Women's Wear and Wedding categories for SSI. This will make these sections much easier to maintain. I plan to develop these sections extensively over the next few months. I want to move slowly on the conversion though to see how the search engines handle the new file extensions and redirects.

I will not be doing much except dead-link-removal and the occasional "great find" on the balance of the site.

With all my work on the wedding and bridal sections you may ask, "are you getting married?" No, not even close. I am responding to the demands of search traffic. I still don't understand why the search engines are picking out these pages, I am certainly not an expert. But so many are arriving that this just seems to be the best place to develop new content. And I guess I'll become an expert. My career picks me.

No comments: