Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Burning Platform by James Quinn

As a political and economic medium this blog has fallen into disuse because I am not regular enough with it to gain regular readers so I simply have been commenting on other blogs, mostly Paul Kedrosky's Infectious Greed though I have been maintaining a blogroll and other links at andilinks.

Yesterday Paul listed this in his "Readings" section: "Deliriously good and though-provoking rant on where we are, where we’re going, and what we should be doing (James Quinn)" and after reading just the few paragraphs I realised this was a very important post that deserved even what little attention it may get here and what meager link juice it may provide. Below are the lines that I found so compelling though you should read the whole thing.

”Delay is preferable to error.” – Jefferson

“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” – Lincoln


The $787 billion 1,074 page stimulus bill has been passed. President Obama has signed it. The market immediately dropped 500 points. It will have no impact on the economy in 2009. The bill will stimulate nothing but the National Debt. Within months, plans for another stimulus plan will be demanded by the Democratic led Congress because speed and the appearance of action are how politicians get reelected.

No comments: