Friday, September 30, 2005

Maybe this blogging thing will catch on.

What’s up with Bloglines? Russell Beattie
I've been wondering this myself, I'm glad Russell has done some work on it...

Consumer Spending, Personal Income Gloom from Barry Ritholtz, The Big Picture.
Not a good picture if you've been hoping for more expansion, but as Jim Cramer says, "there's always a bull market somewhere."

I plan to check out Debra Messing's Style Shops in the example of
ROLLYO, a personal search with a social aspect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I didn't read the What's up with bloglines, but I have a comment about blogging in general. I haven't seen a single blog with a Google PageRank lower than 7 that receives enough comments to make me think people actually read it. But I'm sure there are some. I'm not really a blog reader.

As far as making money from them, there's a website with stats of how much various kinds of websites make from Google AdSense, and I think bloggers make a little less than average.

andi said...

I think the vast majority of blogs are read by just a tiny circle of friends or by no one at all. That does not make them unsuccessful, it merely makes them unprofitable. Even blogs that are never read can be successful. Diaries that lie in a drawer are successful if they serve the purpose of their writers. If being online encourages someone to maintain their diary then the blog is successful.

I don't expect this blog to make money, in fact I doubt that I'll ever place ads on it.