Sunday, January 18, 2009

Food Data

A comment thread on Paul Kedrosky's blog Infectious Greed has inspired me to gather food data. The point of Paul's post is a pie graph from the National Restaurant Association showing how restaurant spending has gone from 25% of the total food dollar in 1955 to 48% at present.

In the course of my comments it occurred to me that data on changing food habits is extremely valuable. I will be posting my work on the andilinks site but at the moment I don't know how I will format this. My first inclination is to list information sources as I do on the andifashion site, but this is an entirely different type of data set so I will leave the format open for now. I do have a few apparel projects in progress so I have no idea when I will have something worthwhile about food habits to post.

No comments: