Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Where is Twitter Going?

Twitter's versatility is amazing and that's why so many people are using it and why it has reached a tipping point where everyone will have to at least have tried it and have an account. Where it really shines is during a national or global event when you really want to connect with all those people you've come to know on Twitter.

Different users use Twitter differently, yet it seems to work for most. Sometimes I feel like I'm evesdropping on an IM comversation, other times I feel like it's a chatroom and then it becomes a newsfeed or a series of blog posts. And there are many functions I haven't touched upon...

The search feature will certainly develop more capabilities so once the index becomes large enough it will be a powerful search engine that can rival Google in many (but not all) circumstances. I've just tried to elaborate on that and have realized that it's an area of prognostication too complex to even begin.

3 comments:

Tom Lipscomb said...

Has your opinion changed since you have quite twittering?

Here is my opinion: http://tomlipscomb.blogspot.com/2009/04/twitter-back-to-future.html

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
andi said...

I doubt I will return to Twitter.